Figure 101. Started working on the new harness. To begin, we hooked up the old harness to all the sensors so we can measure for length of wires to put on the new connectors. There are a LOT of wires.
UPDATE: We changed course on this and bought a used harness on Ebay and redid it. We found we had some connectors on the from-scratch harness wired up backwards.
Figure 102. Painted the intake manifold bolts the copper color. They really look nice against the black plastic manifold. It is attention to these small details that really make a build look awesome. Some more intake hardware will probably be painted also down the road as we approach final installation of components.
Figure 103. The new Proform valve covers have come in. Unfortunately, the ones with the LS-X emblem only come in red. We are going to change that. The emblem will be painted copper, while the remainder of the valve cover will be painted gloss black. Once we saw the valve covers with the emblem, we had to have those for this engine, so it fits with the website. Plain generic just will not do.
NOTE: When this was written, the LSX valve covers were only available in red, they have since become available in black.
Figure 104. Installing the hardware for the Proform valve covers. You start with install the "studs" (really long cup-point set screws) into the head. There are four for each head.
|Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39|
|<--Previous||5.3L Engine Build Home||Next-->|
|Contact: Copperhead||As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases||© 2019|